It was such a joy to gather with the church this past Sunday for Bible Study and Worship. The Lord has impressed on me in this New Year to encourage the church. There is so much in the world that Satan uses to discourage believers; it’s important to remember who we are and what we are about.
The message this week from 1 Peter chapter 1 is a reminder to the children of God just how precious we are to God.
- We are His children and just pilgrims passing through this world, headed toward our heavenly home.
- We have been chosen by God to be adopted into His family by faith in Jesus Christ.
- We are saved by the blood of Jesus and have received the confident expectation of a glorious future because of the resurrection of Christ from the dead.
- We serve a living Savior who has purchased for us a great inheritance that is reserved in heaven just waiting to be revealed when we see our Savior face to face.
- We are the children of God who are kept by the power of God and our ultimate salvation will occur when Christ comes to take His church home.
The Old Testament prophets spoke of the grace that we would receive as God inspired them to write about it. This grace that has made it possible for our sins to be forgiven and to receive the indwelling presence of God Himself living within us as the Holy Spirit--even the angels don’t understand this.
How blessed we are and how imperative it is that we live and act as children of God. We have the power within us to impact the world one person at a time. May we stay focused on our Savior and press on as a church serving our Lord and fulfilling the Great Commission.